Monday, November 9, 2009

We are Hotter than The Sun

Yesterday, I came back from a leadership camp in Gopeng organized by HMC. I had a great time there and I think the camp was indescribable. The word ‘fun’ does not do the camp any justice. One of the activities I enjoyed the most was caving. We were separated into 3 groups of 7 and each group had to find their way in and out of the pitch black cave with only a candle. We were in the cave for a couple of hours trying to figure the way out. We had to communicate and work with our team members to get out of the cave because this activity is not usually physically nor mentally possible to be handled by only one person. My team, ‘Hotter than The Sun’ was awesome. We had an amazing leader, and many other fantastic group members who were silently led us. The ordeal was tough. Thirsty, tired, and famished, we managed to find our way out of the cave. When I saw the daylight, I was really glad. Partially, I was happy that we managed to find our way out, but what made me really happy was thinking about how much we have learned from each other on our way out. I can’t describe how much teamwork, cooperation, patience and tolerance were present when we conquered the jagged rocks , the steep path and the muddy slope to get to where we want to go. I felt like I’ve bonded a lot with my team members in the cave even though we could barely see each other. These bonds will not be broken easily after how much we have been through together.


-Carmen Lee-

No comments:

Post a Comment