Sunday, October 4, 2009

Her Greatest Gift

There are 3 different types of interpersonal relationship. They are friendship, love and, primary relationships and families. Friendship can also be divided into 3 kinds which are Friendship of Reciprocity, Friendship of Receptivity, and Friendship of Association.

Friendship of Reciprocity is a 2-way friendship. It is based on equality and this kind of friendship is characterized by loyalty, self-sacrifice, mutual affection, and generosity.

I have a good friend named S. She means the world to me and I’m sure she thinks likewise. Our friendship has survived all odds as we have been through everything together, from family problems to crushing on the same boy. Though so, our friendship remained the same if not, even better. S and I will talk on the phone for hours every evening. During those hours, we will have equal amount of time to talk about what happened and every time one party talks, the other listens.

S did the greatest thing one day when I broke a lunchbox of our mutual friend’s. S accompanied me to look for a new lunchbox to replace the broken one. We spent the whole day scavenging for a similar lunchbox in malls around KL. After many hours, we finally decided that the search was a failure as no mall seems to stock these kinds of lunchboxes as my friend bought it in Japan. Seeing the look of disappointment and defeat on my face, S told me she was willing to spare me her newly bought lunchbox from Japan. She passed her lunchbox to me with no hesitation and asked me to give it to our friend and to say it was from me.

I knew S LOVED her lunchbox, why, the moment she got back from Japan, she was droning on and on about how she bought the prettiest lunchbox . The fact that she was willing to give it to me makes me smile just thinking about it. In times like these, people get to see who their true friends are. According to S, I’ve done some pretty amazing things for her too. But I’m not going to write on that here as I’ll just be blowing my own trumpet. ;p


"The best of friendships are the ones where two friends can sit on a swing, not saying a word, but walk away feeling like u just had the best conversation ever."




-Carmen Lee-

No comments:

Post a Comment