Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Miss-fire communications

Today's conversation with Carmen was weird.  What was weird is that, I told her, "Welcome into the 21st century then, I asked her what happened to her 80's clothes and it did sound I was calling her an old maid. But what i did mean was that i was trying to compliment her. 80's was a fun decade with the girls looking pretty. They were more lady-like and polite. Well, I thought she did take offense to what I had said because she suddenly said, " If you do not go away in 5 seconds, I will hate you for life." and I took flight at her words as her face was emotionless and expressionless. Scary if you all know what I mean. But then later when I text-messaged her, she told me she was joking. Speechless.

Well, the analysis is that my words to her was double meaning. It shows that I  did not think before I present my compliments which in turns leads to misunderstanding. The next was that I assumed that she knew what I meant and know what I think. Classic fouls. Last but not least, her expressions. It is a mean of displaying one's emotions. Like in Lie to Me. A quick smirk can mean as satisfaction. Hers was just  blank, and it might mean that she was trying to hide her emotions or just making me guess. Personally, I think that if retreat was not my option, it probably mite turn ugly or we'll just laugh it out though.

p/s: Carmen, sorry again. But it was fun to laugh at it now. rofl


~Daryl Justin De Rozario~

No comments:

Post a Comment