Sunday, October 4, 2009

Z for Zebra ( I couldnt resist that !) ;D

I know of this girl whom I like to call Z. Z falls under the Friendship of Receptivity category , that is to say, there is an imbalance of giving and receiving. Every time I talk to Z, it is as if we are competing (subtly, of course) to see who has slimmer arms or more friends. As childish as it might seem, this kind of conversation happens very often between us This relationship is toxic and it's hard to not get defensive whenever I'm around her. I’ll be writing this from my point of view so I’ll definitely be appearing as the victim in this story. (Privilege of a writer! =D)

The art of communicating with Z is simple. All you have to do is not talk. Z loves being the centre of the universe and any minute not spent talking about herself is a minute wasted. Take away all the “I” , “me”, “my”, “mine” in her conversations and she can barely string a sentence.

Besides that, Z is also not the kind of person who will rejoice in people’s happiness. In fact, every time someone succeeds, Z will give that person a phoney half-smile and you could see pure jealousy in her eyes. Sometimes, I do pity Z as I know she must be unhappy with her life. Z is a nice girl but she needs to find the balance and know when to talk and when to listen.



-Carmen Lee-

No comments:

Post a Comment